WAXAHACHIE – The Ellis County Commissioners Court approved several items for the development, purchasing and administrative departments at its Tuesday meeting.
• Commissioners approved a replat of lot five on the Mohundro farm located on 220 and 226 Ferris.
• Commissioners approved a replat of lots 11R and 12R in the Hidden Lakes Estates subdivision located at 5250 and 5280 Hidden Lake trail in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Midlothian.
• Commissioners approved a replat of lots 8C and 9A, block two of the Hugh McDaniel subdivision. The property is located at 7011 and 7021 Daniel Road in the extraterritorial jurisdiction in Waxahachie.
• Commissioners approved an abandonment and vacation of an alleyway located between lots seven and 24 in block six of the Sklin Acres subdivision. The property is located between Elizabeth Avenue and Griffing Avenue 435 feet north of Tayman Drive in the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Midlothian.
• Commissioners approved a preliminary plat of Stewart’s Property located south of the intersection of Baucum Road and Curtis Ray Road in Waxahachie.
• Commissioners approved the transfer of a 2017 Ford F-250 from Road and Bridge Precinct 4 to the County Fire Marshal’s Office.
• Commissioners approved the transfer of a 2017 Ford F-250 from the County Fire Marshal’s Office to Road and Bridge Precinct 4.
• Commissioners approved to allow County Judge Carol Bush to sign a BancorpSouth lease agreement for Road and Bridge Precinct 2. The lease will be for two 2018 Mack Dump Trucks.
• Commissioners approved to declare two 2011 Ford F-150 as surplus and to dispose of them using an online auction.
• Commissioners approved to name May as Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month in the county.
• Took no action to enact a burn ban for the county.
• Commissioners approved for Bush to sign the ARTS renewal agreement with TAC for purposes of 1095C reporting.
• Commissioners heard a report on compensatory time from Director of Human Resources Theresa Taylor.
• Commissioners heard an update on the Midlothian Tax Office that is set to open next week.
• Commissioners authorized Bush to offer and settle a claim on behalf of the county involving Mark Holton concerning property damage to his vehicle in the amount of $551.34.
The commissioners adjourned into executive session to consult with counsel regarding Holcim vs. the Ellis County Central Appraisal District . They also had consultation to deliberate the appointment and employment of Justice of the Peace for Precinct 1. Upon returning to open session commissioners took no action.