Five ways to have fun this weekend.
1. There’s only one big movie opening this weekend, “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.” In this sequel to the hit “Jurassic World,” the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.
2. On Friday, pack up your pooch and head into the office for Take Your Dog to Work Day. The event, created in 1999 by Pet Sitters International, encourages employers to experience the joys of pets in the workplace for one day to support their local pet community.
3. The World Cup continues with a full slate of games taking place this weekend. Early Friday morning, tournament favorite Brazil meets Costa Rica in Group E. Visit https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/ for schedules, news and more. If soccer isn’t your thing, check out the NHL draft on Friday night or NASCAR’s Toyota/Save Mart 350 at the Sonoma Raceway on Sunday.
4. This Saturday is the Great American Backyard Campout, a day (and night) designed to get people camping, even if it is only in their backyards. Get the tent ready, get s’more ingredients, prepare your fire pit, look up some good campfire stories and enjoy camping out at home! Find out more at http://www.nwf.org/Great-American-Campout.aspx
5. June is almost over but you can end it on a sweet note by making or picking up some pralines for the dual celebration of National Pralines Day on Sunday and National Candy Month. Or get an early start on celebrating Chocolate Pudding Day (on Tuesday) by making your favorite or trying a new recipe over the weekend.