The City of Midlothian Parks & Recreation Department will hold its 2020 Winter Walk on Saturday morning at Mockingbird Nature Park.
The event is free and open to all ages, and starts at 10 a.m. at the trailhead at 1323 Onward Lane. It will be a 1-mile walk through Mockingbird Nature Park with activity stations along the way hosted by the Indian Trail Texas Master Naturalists.
The first 150 to register will receive a goodie bag thanks to sponsors Methodist Midlothian and Higginbotham Brothers Ace Hardware. On-site event day registration participants may not receive a goodie bag.
The city asks that participants do the following:
• Dress in layers to be safe.
• Wear comfortable walking or hiking footwear.
• Dogs must be on leashes at all times.
• The city strongly encourages participants to help it provide the safest route for all participants by leaving pets, bicycles and skates at home. Strollers are allowed; however, the entire trail is unpaved.
• Be polite and allow groups moving faster to pass around.
• If you take it in, take it out. Be kind to the beautiful surroundings — help preserve for future generations.
• Stay on the trail.
In case of a rainout, the Winter Walk will be rescheduled for the following Saturday, Feb. 29.
Registration for the event is available online at www.midlothian.tx.us/winterwalk.
The next event on the Parks & Recreation calendar will be the Community Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 4.